Sunday, November 6, 2011

DIY Thanksgiving Ideas, Recipes & Decor

 


I love these tea lights placed inside gourds from Family Circle
I am so focused on the food I often forget about nice simple little festive touches like this.






Brussels sprouts are my favorite. Most everyone actually eats the sprouts when I make them! The secret is roasting and the maple syrup!  Try roasting parsnips and carrots with them : ) Here is the recipe and others from The New York Times




scalloped sweet potatoes
Maple Sage Scalloped Sweet Potatoes


This is another favorite Thanksgiving dish; Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Maple and Sage. The recipe from Kathy Casey in the Seattle Times. I like to throw pecans on top too! For a "lighter" version you can substitute chicken stock for some of the cream with a couple tablespoon of flour and it is just as yummy



thanksgiving  apron
Thanksgiving aprons from Sew What Designs on Etsy


For a festive look while you are cooking you may want one of these aprons from Sew What Designs on Etsy.











These shimmery pumpkins would be smashing on a more formal table! How-to at favecrafts.com








Here is a gorgeous centerpiece from wedding-ideas-guide.com There will be no room on my table for this but it would look great on the side table!





Last but not least the dessert! I love pumpkin tiramisu. I use a traditional recipe with espresso and all but add a small can of pumpkin puree to the mascarpone with pumpkin pie spice ( about 1/2 tsp)   I also add  1/3c each toasted hazelnuts or pecans, chopped candied ginger and dried cranberries.  I make sure to be generous with the shaved chocolate! Here is a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens  plus a bunch more yummy pumpkin recipes!




No comments:

Post a Comment