Saturday, December 31, 2011

DIY 7 Minute Statement Necklace

repurposed jewelry

DIY 7 Minute Statement Necklace. Here is a stunning super quick necklace that will make a statement in 7 minutes!

Bobby pins now come in cool colors like gunmetal, bright gold and copper! All you need is a bunch of bobby pins and a shorter 16"  chain.  My chain is a fine mini ball chain; the regular sized ball chains are a little too thick for the pins to slide through. Either string them like beads or just slip them over the chain; the cool thing is if you don't like how it looks you don't have to restring the whole thing, you can add or take away pins wherever you want and you can change the pattern and colors to suit your mood!



bobby pin necklace, upcycled jewelry

You can also make colorful necklaces by spray painting the bobby pins!

bobby pin necklace, upcycled jewelry

10 comments:

  1. I've seen this once before and I think it is a fabulous idea. Love the colors you chose and you have inspired me to go look for different colored pins! Will feature and link back from my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Pearl! I've seen very bright colored pins. I am going to spray paint a few but finding cool colors in spray paint is difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could any of you tell me where I can buy the gold colored bobby pins? I have blonde hair and the dark pins don't look as good. But I have looked for gold pins everywhere and can't seem to find any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aurora, Goody makes a pack with 3 colors including gold; I find these almost anywhere, I have also seen gold pins at Sally's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So smart. It looks stunning!

    Loves.
    http://fuckhighclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete