Thursday, June 5, 2014

DIY Duct Tape Earrings

duct tape crafts


Simple DIY Duct Tape Earrings
I've been on a decoupage kick lately but with all the layers of paper and glaze and more glaze and waiting for glaze to dry and waiting.... I wanted something quick! Then it came to me....duct tape!



duct tape earrings



 I have a bunch of these 1 1/2" wood discs that I need to use up. (you can find them in craft stores but I got mine online)  I first took a sharpie to the rims then sealed the entire disc with clear Krylon acrylic spray so they wouldn't warp and let dry.

DIY earrings
Use sharpies or nail polish to paint the rims!

 I tore off a small piece of duct tape or Duck Tape they call it and... BAM!  I pressed the duct tape on the disc then took a small sharp pair of scissors and trimmed. Even though it gets sticky, it was fairly easy to get a nice neat edge. I rubbed the edges on a dry towel to seal and to get the sticky stuff off and cleaned the residue off with rubbing alcohol. I drilled holes in my discs but you can use a thumb tack to make a hole, the wood is soft enough. Add some beads and ear wires for some really cool earrings!


duct tape crafts
Duck tape crafts


duct tape earrings

duct tape jewelry
Find these duct tape earrings in my Etsy shop!






 If you  like the look of these colorful earrings but don't want to make them yourself check out my duct tape earrings in my Etsy shop!

Be sure to follow my Pinertest board: DIY Jewelry Tutorials for more fun jewelry making ideas!


What do you think? Have you taken part in the duct tape crafting craze yet? Comments welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment